Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Limerick Racecourse

On Monday october 24th I drove to the Limerick racecourse I had heard a lot about it from friends and thought it was an excellent place to go after reading about it on  discover ireland  . I had never bin there before so I had to research where to go I used google maps and found out its address ‘Limerickracecourse,GreenmountPark,Patrickswell,Co.limerick’ a short trip on the m20 motorway and off exit number 4 and I was there. I drove up the long lane way to the public carpark there is closer parking but that is resevred for jockies and trainers it was a short walk to the Entrance where all visitors must check in with reception after I checked in i looked around the main buildings and walked along the stands looking out onto the race course it was a pity there was not a race on it would have been a great view. Unfortunately it was a non-racing day and the place was deserted but it also gave me an idea of just how big this racing stadium was and the number of people it could facilitate. It would be awhile before the next race was on I found out the National hunting race was on the 13th &14th of November to book a ticket would cost you 65 euro per person but will include a race card,4 course deluxe lunch in the Panoramic restaurant,tote facility,cash bar and a Free B&B at the woodlands house hotel in Adare this sounded like an incredible deal and a good two days racing Im seriously considering going next month.




While I was researching the limerick race course I found a helpful website limerick races this site gave me all the information on the venue ,races ,entertainment and the history of the race course. Limerick racecourse opened in October 2001 to crowd of 18,000 people. It is the first purpose built racecourse in Ireland for 50 years and has exceptional modern facilities in the Hugh McMahon Stand ,Greenmount Park is one of 17 race courses in Co.limerick and is built on the site of a stud farm of 250acres.





The race course has loads of facilities to keep you occupied besides the racing with its own Supermacs ,Betting ring ,Bar ,Panoramic restaurant ,Tote hall and Play area it could be fun for anyone of all ages to come and see. After visiting the racecourse I would definitely recommend checking it out for yourself preferably when a race is going on, theres events on all year round.











11131861 (Nick sazenski)

No comments:

Post a Comment